Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I haven't posted for a while because there hasn't been much to post about. Considering that Jayme hasn't been on any meds since Thanksgiving and hasn't been eating or drinking much, she has done surprisingly well. She is still in the nursing home. We all decided that would be best for everyone. She has been tired, but fairly stable. Just this week we have started to see some decline, however. She is getting more confused and it is harder for her to stay awake for more than a few minutes at a time. The other day she did complain about some pain for the first time and was given some medicine for it. Otherwise she seems ok. We always ask if she needs anything and she says no. We visit as often as possible, and she seems to enjoy that. I am sorry that she isn't able to talk to you on the phone, but it seems to take too much energy for her. I am sure that she knows of all your love and prayers and she is in good hands. If any of you have any messages you would like me to pass on, I would be more than happy to do so. You can leave a comment here, or leave a message on her phone. I will make sure she gets it.

4 comments:

Sharlin said...

Thanks Linda. Please tell Mom that I love her. I wrote a tribute to her on the Blamires' family blog, which I will email to you.

Cherie said...

Just thinking about you and miss and love you. I was really looking forward to our "Wendy's visit" I wish I could come and visit! love you always your lil sister!

Cherie

Sharlin said...

Here's a hug from Ian. Tell her that Ian loves her.
Logan says, "I love you."
Phelan says, "I love you bunches and bunches of oats."
A.J. says, "tell Grandma Jayme I love her."

kammybaze said...

Hello Linda, My name is Moe/Kammy. I have had the privilege of knowing Jayme for a very long time, both on the internet & with our visits to each others homes.Through the years we have become close. (a kind of Sisterhood if you will) I know the trials and hardships that she has had to endure.Jayme is such a warm,loving & giving person,who has touched my life in many ways.It saddens me that she has gone through such a tough road.Please give her my love & tell her I am surrounding her in Prayers & White Light.I would also like to thank you for having the courage & taking the time to write this blog to keep everyone aware of what has been going on.If you would be so kind as to give me Jayme's phone number again, I would love to send her a message. Thank you. Bless you & your family. Sincerely,
Moe aka Kammy