Sunday, November 23, 2008

Jayme has decided to go on hospice care. She has stopped taking her meds and has decided that she is ready to die. She really wants to come home to die, but unfortunately it may not happen. I worry about what she will go through in the dying process and the impact that will have on my kids. Especially Carter, he is so impressionable. I don't want to have him witness her when she gets confused and starts yelling. I don't want him to think that death is a horrible thing. I want him to remember the grandma who was excited to see him, the grandma who would read to him. I don't want his last memory of her to be as she is dying. We are working hard right now to figure out a way to surround her with people who care as much as possible, but it's hard with just us.

She is very happy with her decision, and I think it will help us all accept it a little easier now that she has. She will be missed dearly, but I think she already is. This is not the Jayme who everyone knew and loved.

No comments: