Monday, January 26, 2009


Phyllis Jayme Chaplin passed away this evening peacefully. She was a wonderful woman who put up a long, hard fight against Hepatitis C and the resulting liver failure. She will be remembered by all those who knew her as a selfless woman who loved to serve those around her. She got her master's degree in counseling (graduating at the top of her class) and it was her passion. Her favorite job was helping at-risk teenage girls get into college. She had plans of counseling at local elementary schools if she were to recover. She loved her children fiercely and was a wonderful Grandmother. I could go on; there was so much more to her life. She had beautiful blue eyes-all of her nurses mentioned them. I am lucky to have that little reminder of her when I look into my kids eyes. She will be sorely missed by everyone, but we are comforted by the knowledge that we will see her again and that she is now free from the pain and suffering that she endured so well this past year.
She went to college at Ricks in Idaho and loved it there. Hiking the Tetons was one of her favorite memories. She will be going back to Rexburg to be buried. She has family there, and it was her wish to be buried there. Funeral arrangement are being made. If you need information, contact us.
Thank you to everyone who loved her, visited her, worried about her, or prayed for her. She was loved and I think that she knew that. As her family, we have been touched by all of you.

2 comments:

Sharlin said...

Mom, I love you and will miss you! I know you are happy and free. Thanks for all you have taught me and given me.
from your loving daughter and friend.

Sharlin said...

It has been exactly two years since Mom passed away. I have had many moments where I have felt her love. Today the sun was shining through the window and I remembered how her smile lit up her face. Today is not a sad day like some I have. I still miss Mom, but find comfort in many ways.