Monday, September 8, 2008

I sent out an email and I guess I forgot to post here. Jayme went into the hospital last Tuesday. She had been really weak and when she went in for her MRI they told her that she was too sick for it and just admitted her. Her blood counts were really low and so they gave her some blood. The good thing about her being in the hospital is that they were able to get all of the testing done that they needed to for her to get on the list. Unfortunately, Dr. Franco doesn't feel that she is strong enough to get one right now. He wants her to go to a rehab center (read nursing home) for some intensive physical therapy. I haven't actually spoken with the doctor, but the length of stay there will depend on how she does with the physical therapy. I guess it could be anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of months. I am calling Dr. Franco tomorrow to see what else is going on and I will post more if anything comes up. In the meantime, she is very lonely in the hospital. I try to see her everyday, but it's hard with 2 kids who don't want to hang out in a hospital room. So give her a call if you can. Call me if you don't already have the number.

No comments: